First & Park | 75m | 18s | Graywood

There's more continents than Europe. It's not going to change my view on the terribly low standards that has been completed at grade level here whether I'm off base on the comparative international standard.
It doesn’t matter what continent you look at, there isn’t a global standard for all housing. High end builds in Asia, Middle East, Latin America etc are better than First and Park, but the other 95% of all housing is of lower standard.
From a quality standpoint First and Park is close to where it should be for our market.

Let's just set aside the whole global standard comment as it's highly subjective to personal preference.

Cheap materials and poorly executed at grade level. I'm extremely dissatisfied. I desire a whole lot better than this if this is what to be expected from a pricey mid range building. Spandrel glass is filler. It's not meant as a primary cladding. I would have preferred even crisp white EIFS. Aluminum composite panels would be sufficient as well. There just so much of it already out there. It's not about curtain wall. Why is curtain wall feasible for the Blume rentals in suburbia but not here? Curtain wall is preferred 5 to 1 in Montreal over window wall. Cidex! used curtain wall for West Village. There are cheap curtain wall options that would fit the budget. Of course, you may want to invest in a Kevlar umbrella walking around one of these buildings until things have settled.

I don't care for many of Truman's designs. I do respect them. There's care in the finished product with the cladding choices including the window wall.. This is just lazy. It's dark is the only feature, There's no way we are going to come to an agreement on the acceptability of what a Toronto area developer has constructed here so far. Maybe we can come back to this in ten years.

Last edited:
IMG_2551.jpeg
IMG_2552.jpeg

Why are they building a death star on our beautiful Eau Claire waterfront?

Back