News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

I work in the brick building right at the end of the bridge, so have been using this for a few days now. Not the prettiest of bridges, but the wide pedestrian/bike lanes are definitely welcome.

Also happy to not have to use that janky blind corner underneath the rail bridge anymore. Now if we could only connect that pathway to the 12th ave cycle track.

I work in the brick building right at the end of the bridge, so have been using this for a few days now. Not the prettiest of bridges, but the wide pedestrian/bike lanes are definitely welcome.

Also happy to not have to use that janky blind corner underneath the rail bridge anymore. Now if we could only connect that pathway to the 12th ave cycle track.
That would be awesome. That and finish the 5th street cycle track to the Elbow River. I would consider that my Christmas gift.

I will try and get a picture of it later, Amazon is building a massive data centre here in Airdrie. Had been curious about what the building was because it didn’t have the standard wall of loading dock doors on the back but is absolutely massive.

Buddy of mine has been doing some work there and he told me what it was today.

Edit: Here are a couple crappy phone pics. Apparently all cooling for building will be located inside so they have massive louvred sections on the back walls and all along the top of the entire building are louvres here as well.

View attachment 410791View attachment 410792
Must be one of those 3 cloud data centres Amazon is building.

Does anyone know what is being built here? Bow Trail and 24th street.
27A7A0E3-EEE8-4724-9EAC-8A7B038AFB01.jpeg
E8A22D2D-7D6F-47F0-8E43-E8671BA6AFBE.jpeg
F1A0D7D7-849B-4A57-A985-C25880972E76.jpeg

I wonder if it's the development that's u/c or just work for utilities, etc.. ?
Sequencing will usually go:
(1)remediation efforts(including removing and remediating existing underground infrastructure here,
(2) removing or adding material/grading,
(3) deep utilities (storm, water, sani) either for the full site or the sites they want to service,
(4) shallows (Enmax-lef effort, which is on there own timeline lately), curbs and asphalt ( if it is the right season) and
(5) vertical construction whenever it makes sense (usually around the time of shallows/curbs) is usually the order on these sites.

Looks like they have grading and deeps done for this section, at least for the sections in the pics, which is my best guess.

Last edited:

Back