News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

Overall, a much better season than what we are used to, hopefully they can have something similar next year. I feel like the Oilers series was one they were destined to lose, everything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong. 4 of the games were tied in the third period, and they lost three of them with the help of some bad bounces and mishaps. Looking forward to next year.

I still consider this season a success. Two 100+ point players, a 100+ point season, and a second round playoff berth are all things that haven't happened very often for this team in the last 30 years.
Definitely a success, lots to build on for next year as long as we keep some key pieces in the fold.

They should go back to the old format of one versus eight, and in the next round the top team versus the bottom seed and so on. I’m not keen on Calgary meeting Edmonton in the first or second round every year.
I agree! I get the league wanting to create rivalries, but it’s also nice seeing some variety every year. Should be 1-8 and reseeded every round.

Overall, a much better season than what we are used to, hopefully they can have something similar next year. I feel like the Oilers series was one they were destined to lose, everything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong. 4 of the games were tied in the third period, and they lost three of them with the help of some bad bounces and mishaps. Looking forward to next year.
The Oilers we're the better team, but not by much. A few bounces here and there and the series could have been 4-1 for the Flames instead. A few timely saves could have made it a different series. At the end of the day, that's playoff hockey.

I still consider this season a success. Two 100+ point players, a 100+ point season, and a second round playoff berth are all things that haven't happened very often for this team in the last 30 years.
Agree 100% This was a very good season in comparison to other seasons in the past 18 years. This was a better team with a better season than the 2018/2019 Flames.

I almost forgot that they missed the playoffs last year.

They should go back to the old format of one versus eight, and in the next round the top team versus the bottom seed and so on. I’m not keen on Calgary meeting Edmonton in the first or second round every year.
I like the current format - even though the Flames lost, the Battle of Alberta was a lot of fun and most of the games could have gone either way.

I also like the current format, the old one gave us 31 years with no BoA.
It was less about the playoff format and more about the teams making the playoffs. Before this year Edmonton had made the playoffs only 3 times since 2006. One of those three times Edmonton made the playoffs Calgary missed.

Back