News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Alberta Provincial Politics

If an election was held today, who would you vote for?

• UCP

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • NDP

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alberta Party

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Less people in Alberta respect Kenny than in other parts of Canada lol.

29% of Albertans respect Kenny as compared to 42% in the rest of Canada according top recent poll.

According to the analysis on West of Centre, that 42% "respect" from the rest of Canada is mainly attributable to the fact that no one outside the West pays attention to Alberta politics and people will tend to answer "yes" to a question like that if they don't really know who it's about.

The interesting part of the article:

The online Leger poll of 1,000 adult Albertans from Nov. 16 to 29 found that 18 per cent said they would most likely vote for Jean in the next Alberta provincial election compared to 15 per cent who would choose Kenney. Just over half — 51 per cent — of those polled said they would not vote for the UCP at all.

It shows that although many people don't like Kenny, they really don't like the UCP in general, and changing the leader out isn't going to make much of a difference.

I think a centrist woman from Calgary (e.g. Leela Aheer) would make a significant difference, but that is the least likely direction the UCP membership will go if they turf Kenney.

The interesting part of the article:

The online Leger poll of 1,000 adult Albertans from Nov. 16 to 29 found that 18 per cent said they would most likely vote for Jean in the next Alberta provincial election compared to 15 per cent who would choose Kenney. Just over half — 51 per cent — of those polled said they would not vote for the UCP at all.

It shows that although many people don't like Kenny, they really don't like the UCP in general, and changing the leader out isn't going to make much of a difference.
Hell yeah! Byyyeeeee Kenney (soon)

Kenny and the UCP in general. As much as I dislike Kenny, I think the UCP is going to discover the Kenny alone isn't the problem, it's the whole party, in particular the Wold rose side of it.
Kind of like in April of 2021 when 16 of them "spoke out" about health restrictions?

It's a political party that ideologically focuses on the pursuit of self-interest - fine, but the major problems they're trying to solve hinge on their ability to care about literally anyone other than themselves. A Reaganist approach in the 21st century is a comprehensive failure of public policy, which they would know if they've ever read a book.

Even Reagan addressed acid rain. Sure, they brought in market mechanisms to do it, but they did do it.

This crew I don’t know. There are small government market based ways to accomplish what they want, but they’re just bad at governing it seems.

What have they accomplished while in government now? Maybe saving a couple billion in debt, and lowering corporate taxes. Most everything else you could see a PC, NDP, or Liberal government doing.

They’ve really squandered their time in office. They could have gone about a huge market oriented government reform project that would be nearly impossible to undo, but instead their signature achievement can be changed in a day by a new government.

I think a centrist woman from Calgary (e.g. Leela Aheer) would make a significant difference, but that is the least likely direction the UCP membership will go if they turf Kenney.
Yeah, no way the UCP's rural base would ever back Leela Aheer. The fact is that Calgary centrists and rural conservatives have almost nothing in common. The only thing that unites them is a vague belief that Conservatives are better for the oil industry. Even that is not really certain any more.

From November. There's been a couple of previous polls that put the NDP at 50% of the vote. This is the highest they've ever polled. Note that WIP is only at 4% in this poll, indicating (in theory) that the UCP is bleeding centrists and not splitting the right wing vote.

If the UCP thought that high gas prices and a balanced budget was going to change their fortunes, it doesn't look like it. This poll looks exactly like every other poll conducted throughout 2021 and 2022. I'd say Kenney (if not the UCP) is toast.

poll.jpg

That is wonderful news. I’ll wait to see what the next ones say, but this is good news for sure.

The “balanced” budget is wholly false anyways. Decimating essential services and then calling the budget balanced is laughable. It is essentially impossible to have a budget - balanced in a practical way - during a global health and economic disaster.

Back