News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I think we will see some big condo projects move forward next year...tech is growing here and there are rumors of Big Tech companies investing based on our insanely low taxes. The people that work for these companies will be fine with living in a high density area.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I think we will see some big condo projects move forward next year...tech is growing here and there are rumors of Big Tech companies investing based on our insanely low taxes. The people that work for these companies will be fine with living in a high density area.
Oh, and I would say that if you own a condo, big appreciation is likely not happening....there are a 100 sites for new buildings....long term gold though.

fingers crossed this is a thing

A680757F-F3FF-47AA-95AD-30968EC0AD1F.jpeg

At some point Calgary will all be one with Chestermere, Airdrie & Okotoks ….. Cochrane might take a little longer.
Airdrie and Chestermere, yes, likely. Cochrane and Okotoks already have massive tracts of McMansion Land between them and Calgary City limits. Making it less likely (IMO) that there will be contiguous suburban sprawl between those municipalities. At least not in the typical suburban fashion. This would still be sprawl I suppose, but the rural mansion areas do help break up the monotony of the city and it's satellites.

fingers crossed this is a thing

View attachment 347696
The mural artist is this Parisian guy that does some pretty crazy geometric work. It's going to be a really cool addition to 8th ave.

Back