Hat @ 14th Street | 94.48m | 28s | Cidex Group | NORR

1619562988094.png

What we know so far:
-Construction fencing around site.
-Excavator on site
-A group of forumers are willing the development to go ahead.

Science has spoken, this one is a go!

I'll go by there later and confirm but previously fencing had just been at the avenue side utility work and not all the way around the property. Clearly demolition must be immanent though with the interior gutting and sign removal. It all hinges on if Cidex has any spandrel left to work with before we see actually excavation underway, and science.

Are they as cheap on the inside as they are on the outside? Is there hot water? In all honestly, I'm curious, are they on par with other rentals?

Can confirm, site is fully fenced all around and equipment has moved closer to the building. Now that I think about it, previous fencing around utility work was yellow.

Hopefully the spandrel that exists in the DP plans that falsely shows as glass in the rendering can fake glass at certain angles and not feel solid at all views like the EV Hat.

I did a walk through of their East Village HAT and the suites were nice enough. Not quite as high end as UPTEN but still a drastic improvement over the large majority of downtown rentals. Versus was the biggest disappointment I walked through in terms of what the interiors offered and even the rental person who was giving us the walk through admitted that ten minute waits for the elevators were not uncommon at the beginning and ends of each month when move ins/outs were occurring.

At the EV Hat they are demanding 6 months rent in advance. My buddy (recently moved here from DC) laughed in the leasing agent's face.

How could Cidex get any more brutal? 🤣

Back