Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Okay

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Not Great

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Giving me Drivelines Studios from Johannesburg vibes. Will see how it turns out it is definitely interesting I like the corrugated material with the holes might look cool with the lights on.
Driveline Studios:
1618413149164.png

1618413111295.png

1618413199678.png

Haha can’t believe they would even post those pictures! I would try to distance myself from a project I did if it turned out that shitty.

I think if this was built along 11 st SE in Ramsey, no one would question using corrugated sheet metal. What makes it so jarring is its contrast with Marda Loop's dominant architectural style: poorly executed "Ye Olde Towne". In that sense, even the worse case scenario for CY33 is probably an improvement over the crap like this that currently dominates the neighbourhood.

Anyway, people in Marda Loop love their nostalgia. That's why you see so many vague references to a streetcar line that was ripped up before most of the neighbourhood was actually developed.

Ya that is super funny they posted that. Building is different and kinda cool even if i may not love everything about it. Excited about the art component and how it all comes together. I am starting to like the risks taken on this project and that it is polarizing. 🤟RNDSQR

I think if this was built along 11 st SE in Ramsey, no one would question using corrugated sheet metal. What makes it so jarring is its contrast with Marda Loop's dominant architectural style: poorly executed "Ye Olde Towne". In that sense, even the worse case scenario for CY33 is probably an improvement over the crap like this that currently dominates the neighbourhood.

Anyway, people in Marda Loop love their nostalgia. That's why you see so many vague references to a streetcar line that was ripped up before most of the neighbourhood was actually developed.
I live in Marda Loop and think there is very little that is worth saving in the neighborhood and was really excited about this project. Now, I’m not so sure I’m going to like the finished product. It doesn’t feel like the “Mayor’s Award for Architecture and Design” building the neighborhood was sold on. I love the ground floor street activation the building will bring, but I don’t think the exterior material is to my taste.

Back