Era | 41.15m | 13s | Minto

Does anyone know if Minto has any more projects in the works in Calgary? It would be great if they were able to complete a build like this every year or two. Finish one and start another (Annex --> Era --> ?)
They have pretty much finished the International Hotel conversion now. They had plans for another apartment building on this site.
... and their first venture into single family construction is going to be in Belvedere. Other than that, they have been selectively acquiring existing apartment buildings. I have not heard about any other new developments in the inner city.

Minto's newest offering, the previously-mentioned 'The International', is actually quite fabulous. I'm considering moving there once my lease is up. The amenities there are the best of any building - condo or rental - in the city, and an unbeatable location.

They have pretty much finished the International Hotel conversion now. They had plans for another apartment building on this site.
... and their first venture into single family construction is going to be in Belvedere. Other than that, they have been selectively acquiring existing apartment buildings. I have not heard about any other new developments in the inner city.

Minto owns the lot at 613-621 9A St in Sunnyside, just down the street from Annex. They scraped the lot this past summer, that's about it so far. Could be their next inner-city project after Era.

D4D735A0-870B-4B49-A8F8-CC0DF7E5DD07.jpeg
7708E220-2EDD-4F56-AEB8-FE666F6327EF.jpeg

A double bed dump truck was pulling in just as I was leaving. Pile driving is almost complete, excavation has begun...

5A96F98B-232E-4087-964A-FC06F1E70763.jpeg
B2FB140A-ECC8-44CF-90DE-5B71B3126454.jpeg

We were watching the excavation for a bit, and I was curious how far away the trucks are going to dump their load, and how exactly do the tandem dump trucks dump their load?

if the drive is 20 minutes each way, 5 minutes stopped on either end, that's 10 trucks going to keep the excavator working??

^^ That's going to be phase 2, it's a large block of townhouses.

Back