Redstone | 43.89m | 14s | Amble Ventures | NORR

Seeing this everyday walking by, I have to say the pictures are doing a lot of favours. The red accents should have been a different material at the very least. It is just rolled on paint from what I see, and it doesn't look fully saturated or solid in the person.

Looks just like the rendering. I would describe it as banal but beneficial.
I agree. Someone with an architecture/developer lens should comment on why this need for random shapes of grey. My theory:

*scene opens on a developer and architect huddled around some sketches and blueprints.​
Developer: hmm this isn't working. I just hate boring buildings that are all one colour. We got to spice it up!​
Architect: sure, let's add some colour then.​
Developer: Hold your horses - it's just an boring apartment building - let's not go too crazy!​
Architect: Okay ... how about we stick to max 5 colours, but 4 of them are shades of white, grey or black.​
Developer: perfect! Slop the colours on the sides in random rectangle pattern and we are all set!​
*end scene*​

Last edited:
As much as I think the pixel look is overdone, at least they have built it like the rendering. Which it seems most don’t these days.

IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg

Looks good enough.

When is this going to be finished?? The neighborhood has been putting up with the noise for two years.

I take it your a resident nearby by considering you have 2 posts, both complaining about noise. Buildings aren't finished over night, just because the exterior is finished doesn't mean the interior or ground work is. You're just going to have to be patient it'll be done eventually, noise comes when you live in the inner city. The building should be done before years end.

I take it your a resident nearby by considering you have 2 posts, both complaining about noise. Buildings aren't finished over night, just because the exterior is finished doesn't mean the interior or ground work is. You're just going to have to be patient it'll be done eventually, noise comes when you live in the inner city. The building should be done before years end.
It has been much longer than overnight. It has been over two years. Anyway. Thanks for your rude reply.

It's less "rude" and more "realistic"... you live in the downtown core of a major city with an insane amount of intensification underway. Noise comes with that.

It's less "rude" and more "realistic"... you live in the downtown core of a major city with an insane amount of intensification underway. Noise comes with that.
I was simply asking when the project would be completed. It’s noisy for people who live in the neighborhood. That is “real” for the people who live here. This thread will absolutely go no where.

Back