• So so

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
6904324A-295F-4B34-87AB-A2DA084BFF20.jpeg

I thought there was a sales centre in behind the fence, but it looks to be gone now. If it is going ahead, I have mixed feelings. I had always hoped that the second phase would be a new design with some retail at base...maybe a resto/pub, with an entrance off of Eau Claire ave, and a patio fronting the Peace Bridge park.

The sales centre has been gone for quite some time now. This is one of my sites and I haven’t heard anything about the new tower starting. I believe there are still a number of units in tower 1 that haven’t started.

Agreed. A decent looking building, but the base/street presence is such a miss for the location. The lack of any retail/patios in any of these newer Eau Claire condos along the pathway is a real travesty.
Yup. Eau Claire and the river pathway is nice as it is, but has incredible potential. Anywhere where they can insert a pathway facing patio is a huge win. I'm hoping that the new Eau Claire market design might have something like that. But yeah, it's very unfortunate that the section of pathway opposite Price's Island is fill of expensive condos that are demarked from the pathway and full of residents who never even use their balconies. A blown opportunity.

Imagine the pathway section from Eau Claire market to Peace Bridge plaza that had retail and resto's facing the pathway. It would be a massive success.

Yup. Eau Claire and the river pathway is nice as it is, but has incredible potential. Anywhere where they can insert a pathway facing patio is a huge win. I'm hoping that the new Eau Claire market design might have something like that. But yeah, it's very unfortunate that the section of pathway opposite Price's Island is fill of expensive condos that are demarked from the pathway and full of residents who never even use their balconies. A blown opportunity.

Imagine the pathway section from Eau Claire market to Peace Bridge plaza that had retail and resto's facing the pathway. It would be a massive success.
I think in the Eau Claire Plaza redo they are moving that old cafe to right along the path.

I think in the Eau Claire Plaza redo they are moving that old cafe to right along the path.
That'd be nice, and who knows maybe we'll see another restaurant or two tied into the pathway. The one of the downsides of the current market design, is it turned it's back on the pathway. Everything was geared toward the road going through the market. It might have made sense at the time, but it would be so much better if we had some restos fronting the pathway.

There's currently 13 units in the existing tower listed for sale; half of the listings are over a year old (most of those are over two years old), and the newer listings look never-occupied and staged. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more that are just not listed on MLS right now. That's 13 out of 218 units; 6%. For comparison, looking at higher-end inner city highrise buildings finished in the same time frame; Park Point - 5 out of 289 units listed; 1.7% Verve - 3 out of 288 units, 1.0%; The Royal (Cdn Tire) - 2 out of 222 units; 0.9% (Those three towers have 799 units combined, and fewer listed than The Concord.)

Maybe I’m missing something, but only having 13 out of 218 units for sale seems pretty good (granted some have been listed for a couple years). As the market slowly improves, maybe they are betting that those will sell by the time the new building is done? Either way, this is one of my favourite complexes and I’d be happy to see it finished. Ground level restaurant would be amazing.

There's currently 13 units in the existing tower listed for sale; half of the listings are over a year old (most of those are over two years old), and the newer listings look never-occupied and staged. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more that are just not listed on MLS right now. That's 13 out of 218 units; 6%. For comparison, looking at higher-end inner city highrise buildings finished in the same time frame; Park Point - 5 out of 289 units listed; 1.7% Verve - 3 out of 288 units, 1.0%; The Royal (Cdn Tire) - 2 out of 222 units; 0.9% (Those three towers have 799 units combined, and fewer listed than The Concord.)
Makes me wonder if those are units where the owners are renting them out and on the side selling them for a higher price and patiently sitting? There may have been other units sold over the past two years.

I know this segment of the market is more about quality, amenities, and "lifestyle", but browsing through those listings, I’m having a hard time seeing the value in some of these units. $1.1M for a 950 square foot condo that honestly looks cramped and has a weird angular layout. The ones going for $6M and $8M seem like an even worse proposition. I guess if you’re shopping in that range, value is not really your top priority (and this is probably not your only residence), but personally I would expect something more special for these prices.

Last edited:

Back