Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Ohhh nice. If I recall correctly, this site is shovel ready. There was a project here some years back which came very close to construction and then died. This could pop up pretty quick if it goes ahead.

Great form and a nice example of what's possible in off-main street density if we start getting serious and allowing it in more places. As flashy as the big towers are, the city's urban future hinges more on these 4 - 6 storey walkups transitioning suburban places to urban ones.

Looks nice. It's interesting the difference a single block makes in terms of ambition. One block south on 16th JEM is trying to get a 30 story tower built. To go from 30 stories to 6 stories here to 2 story residential along 18th Ave is going to be one heck of a transition. Given how close this one is to the future Green Line station it would have been nice to see them try to build something a little taller like in the 8-10 stories range.

Ohhh nice. If I recall correctly, this site is shovel ready. There was a project here some years back which came very close to construction and then died. This could pop up pretty quick if it goes ahead.
That is correct. They put in the piles and started shoring but then it was halted.

Would still like to have something a bit taller, maybe 6-8 stories at least. Especially given its proximity to the green line. Ideally, I would like to see a cluster of highrise towers around the Centre street/16th ave intersection, followed by midrises (4-8 storeys) all along 16th ave and centre street.

Hey guys, just came across this thread. We're actually the architects on this one and O2 is the planning consultant that submitted the Land Use. This will be purpose-built rental, 170 units. Land use was approved and after a Covid-induced delay, things look like they might pick up on this one again.

Fantastic news. Thank you!

Back