News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Roads, Highways & Infrastructure

I was driving up to Airdrie today for the first time in probably 2 years and I never realized just how busy the QE2 is between Stoney Trail and Airdrie, just out of curiosity does anyone have any idea how many vehicles travel that road per day? Or is there's a traffic flow map for Calgary & Area floating around anywhere? my guess is has to be somewhere around 150 thousand.

I was driving up to Airdrie today for the first time in probably 2 years and I never realized just how busy the QE2 is between Stoney Trail and Airdrie, just out of curiosity does anyone have any idea how many vehicles travel that road per day? Or is there's a traffic flow map for Calgary & Area floating around anywhere? my guess is has to be somewhere around 150 thousand.

I drove up to Red Deer, Pine Lake actually, for a quick vacation a couple weeks ago and the traffic on a Friday morning was insane. The whole way was solid traffic, mostly doing the speed limit. It was pretty much the same on the Monday coming home. The QEII would really benefit from an extra lane each way from North of Crossfield to Leduc imo. Six lanes all the way from YYC to YEG.

106,000 average annual weekday traffic in 2019 north of Stoney according to the City's AADT maps:

I drove up to Red Deer, Pine Lake actually, for a quick vacation a couple weeks ago and the traffic on a Friday morning was insane. The whole way was solid traffic, mostly doing the speed limit. It was pretty much the same on the Monday coming home. The QEII would really benefit from an extra lane each way from North of Crossfield to Leduc imo. Six lanes all the way from YYC to YEG.
6 lanes from YYC to YEG is the ultimate plan. What's interesting about the traffic numbers, as if we needed any further indication that Stoney Trail is valuable, is that traffic is greater north of Stoney than it is south. 106k daily north of Stoney, and 84k south of it.

Pretty cool drone work for this update video on the West Calgary Ring Road progress from June. https://westringroad.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/BIrds-Eye-View-Jul-2020.mp4

I'll send mine up closer to completion of the SW.

They already put a chairlift to the top of a dirt pile a few years back lol.

That is only on one side. With all that fill, the entire ridge could be raised, perhaps even higher than what was down on the south side. It could provide additional vertical for a future sliding track replacement.

twitter.com/jessesalus Ring Road tunnel

EgYjQe0UYAILOPf.jpg
EgYjQexUcAIeed7.jpg

Back