News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Evan Woolley just shared this on Facebook, arguments sound familiar!

110341714_1603930376453030_2650051695705558663_o.jpg

If you have the link to the IG page where it was, post it and i'll pull the fill sized image. 👍
View attachment 260371

Just saw this proposed building for a luxury condo tower posted on the McKinley page. Looks like the location is where the bounce basketball courts are in EV. (sorry for the grainy shot, it's a screenshot from IG).

Wait will we lose the courts or is this next to it? I like the courts, that place has got NYC vibes.
Perhaps we could push for the park to be recreated on the CPA lots right next to the library when the temporary one closes.

The Bounce Park has always been a temporary intervention for that site. Just as EV Junction, which was there previously, was too.

As for the proposal, I'm pretty sure that the intention is for senior's living (unless that has changed recently).

Maybe they can move the bounce courts else where if this ever gets built. Those courts were a slam-dunk (pun intended).

What ever the case is, I like the tower development but I still want the Bounce Park somewhere in our core preferably still in EV or Victoria park. The park brings its own unique level of vibrancy into the area.
Pie in the sky idea, what if they put the Bounce Park on top of the PLATFORM parkade? If they were serious about it being multiuse, might be a really cool feature.
1596136774948.png

Maybe something like this:
1596136849009.png

Might be a really cool attraction and good investment in the Basketball community and even from a revenue perspective i bet people would park there to play.

Back