Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
98262541_1608192819337553_6186698978439656194_n.jpg

by: www.instagram.com/p/CAf1iJsBUBZ/

Not Telus Sky per se, but the adjacent office building is getting rezoned to allow for a large digital display. Land use goes to CPC next week:

From the applicant's submission: https://pub-calgary.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=131744
On behalf of TELUS, O2 Planning + Design (O2) proposes to redesignate the parcel at 622 1 st Street SW to enable the development of a unique digital art installation that will transformthe 1st Street SW and 7th Avenue SW streetscapes. The intent is to install an interactive digital display that is integrated into the first storey of the 7th Avenue façade, with an additionalscreen setback within the concourse of the building at the corner of 7th Avenue and 1st Street SW. The displays will function predominantly as a public art piece while also providing community outreach and advertising services. Above all else, the displays form the centerpiece ofTELUS’ commitment to improving the public realm around the TELUS campus, creating a safe,engaging, and vibrant experience for the public.

Sounds cool! I thought they were going to reclad the two buildings to the left (east) of Telus Sky....Len Werry and the small one in the middle...

1610+TELUS+CLADDING+-+LEN+WERRY+COMPLEX+-+LOW+RES.jpg

Is this still the plan for The Len Werry Building? Because I've never been fan of it. Right now it's an ok looking building but I cannot imagine a record like this would look good once in the future let alone when its finished, I would rather keep it as is.

Damn. It seems to just get worse every redevelopment...

The original building:
0sfkfg76bbl41.jpg

The current building:
image.jpg

And now this...
View attachment 248565

Is this still the plan for The Len Werry Building? Because I've never been fan of it. Right now it's an ok looking building but I cannot imagine a record like this would look good once in the future let alone when its finished, I would rather keep it as is.

Sounds cool! I thought they were going to reclad the two buildings to the left (east) of Telus Sky....Len Werry and the small one in the middle...

it’s west, but yes otherwise correct and it’s underway.

For whatever reason the current building reminds me of the Long Lines Building in Manhattan.

Lots of faulty lights to fix on Telus Sky. I have a feeling those lights will be a flop and within a couple years will never be turned on. LED lights have a terrible record in this city and I doubt Telus Sky will avoid the same fate. Hope I am wrong but I already foresee lots of burnt out and discoloured lights.

Back