Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
IMG_6368.JPG
IMG_6368a.jpg

I didn't realize the panels were spandrel glass. I'm liking this much more than what I thought it was, which was gray aluminum paneling.

I'm not liking the rusted metal slats though. They're great on their own, but they don't fit the building. Maybe they can take them down and sell them to the new Contemporary art museum.

Those maple coloured wood panels have the appearance of unfinished plywood when juxtaposed with the rest of the dark colours. Also the blue spandrel on the tower looks almost as bad as Live on the Park. Disappointing for the East Village's signature tower and retail development.

Why did the developer never go with the original plan (brick facade with industrial warehouse windows). If I recall, the lower floors were all brick like the Simmons building with the upper floors shifting to glass. It looked really sharp.

I'll give the tower portion a little more time but the podium is a giant mess. What a disaster.....makes The Hat look classy and impressive.

Those maple coloured wood panels have the appearance of unfinished plywood when juxtaposed with the rest of the dark colours. Also the blue spandrel on the tower looks almost as bad as Live on the Park. Disappointing for the East Village's signature tower and retail development.

Luckily a lot of it is getting covered up by screens and Revlon/Joe Fresh banners

Why did the developer never go with the original plan (brick facade with industrial warehouse windows). If I recall, the lower floors were all brick like the Simmons building with the upper floors shifting to glass. It looked really sharp.

I'll give the tower portion a little more time but the podium is a giant mess. What a disaster.....makes The Hat look classy and impressive.

IIRC that was long before they decided to add point towers to the development.

IIRC that was long before they decided to add point towers to the development.

Correct, though there were a few floors of office above in glass that could have been extended into towers quite easily. Makes no sense why they switched to what we got.

I found it on Surreal’s Flickr a while back and posted it in #503 if anyone wants to see it again. If anyone suffers or is at risk of depression I suggest you don’t click this link.

https://skyrisecities.com/forum/thr...a-amanat-architect.24469/page-34#post-1433180

Last edited:

Back