West Tenth 1400 | 24m | 7s | Trimount

I just hope this development and the one across 14th triggers the city to look at increasing the speed limit on 10th from 30... It's very arbitrary and they use it as a speed trap.

If anything - we/the city/stakeholders should be working towards making the Beltline more pedestrian friendly - which among many steps, means reducing the speed limit where it makes sense.

Sorry maybe that came off the wrong way. I fully support having lower speed limits in logical locations to promote pedestrian safety, vibrancy, etc. Areas I can think of such as most of 13th through 16th avenues for their length through the Beltline, and maybe even 10th, but this arbitrary lower limit in one area just makes no sense to me.

9 times out of 10 I would agree, but this is not a cause I'm prepared to die for, I'd rather take the positives from it and see it developed.. Given that it's been empty for a century, I'd say the parcel is never going to developed if it means waiting for a nicer design. Let's be realistic, it's a garbage location that's lucky to have anything other than a gas bar developed on it. I'll take the 6 floors of residential and ground floor retail for the win.
I'm happy that someone wants to develop that parcel of land, but also surprised they didn't at least go bigger.

Hi,
I Find the Comments to B Interesting for this Site, In Terms of Apts I come
Away with the Feelings that there is ROOM for a Lot of Improvements. True
6 Floors isn't Much. but With 14 St Traffic, C.P Rail to the North Makes for a
lot of Noise. Hope Rents are Not Sky High. For C.P. It Goes from a Two Track
Main to Single Track Just West of 14 St, North/South Traffic with the Lights
Makes for Something Else,.Here are Some Thoughts. Know any Railfans who would Like to live Next to C.P Rail, and the LRT. Great Views.Easy Access to 14th St.LOL. Will B Most Interestedto see How It All Turns Out - Tnx.

So with Sunalta Heights to the west starting, and The Hat to the south likely to start up within the next few months, and word on this project?

Not quite sure how I feel about the height for the project. So if it's back to the drawing board I won't mind. If it's not gonna be a tall tower, wouldn't mind it being 12 floors like The Metropolitan by the CO-OP.

Just did a quick search, no news or even mention outside of this forum. Hopefully in for a redesign. I'd prefer it stay low-rise like the original, but with modern design and better pedestrian integration. Hopefully tie into the eventual 14th Street Underpass refresh?

Last edited:
The twin tower one is an old project from the crazy booms of 2007. Dubai levels of interior finishes if I recall. Definitely not what the current DP is for. What has been approved now on the site is the rendering on the first page of this thread.

Why the f would you put surface parking at the front of the lot and push the building to the back of the lot towards the rail line? If you’re going to have surface parking, why not put it at the back of the building?

Real talk though, this stretch of 10th Ave and 14th St is U-G-L-Y it ain’t got no alibi. It’s full of surface parking lots, strip malls, and windowless commercial/industrial buildings with loading bays facing the street. I know there are a number of developments ongoing at the intersection, but it’s going to be a long time (if ever) before this area is desirable to live in.

I actually have no problem with the scale of this building and think the entire area north of 12 Ave to the rail track, and between 11 St and 14 St would be ideal for mid-rise development, if there was a cohesive plan for the area.

Back