Era | 41.15m | 13s | Minto

Combine all that with the best public realm treatment any main street in Calgary has built and about 1,500 new units of development within the past decade and within a block or two, these 2 blocks are probably the best example of actually successful, high-density urbanist redevelopment between Vancouver and Toronto.

It would even be hard to find an intersection of this quality within a "redevelopment" in Toronto. I can't think of anything in CityPlace, Regent Park, Liberty Village, East Bayfront, West Donlands, etc.

It would even be hard to find an intersection of this quality within a "redevelopment" in Toronto. I can't think of anything in CityPlace, Regent Park, Liberty Village, East Bayfront, West Donlands, etc.

Check out the 2007 Streetview (don't know how to link the picture directly in unfortunately):
https://goo.gl/maps/G9pjGE6ycLE1eEtF7

If that's not a candidate for most improved corner, I don't know what else is.

Check out the 2007 Streetview (don't know how to link the picture directly in unfortunately):
https://goo.gl/maps/G9pjGE6ycLE1eEtF7

If that's not a candidate for most improved corner, I don't know what else is.

Man, what a different time that was, so crazy how bare it was back then. Check out all those cranes in the sky too.

Last edited:
although not 1st st next we need this

DF6346A8-493F-453F-B6FC-1641C1FB033E.jpeg

That was me indeed. I was taking pics of Colors, when it was an excavation pit. Some crack heads from across the street (behind where Jamieson's now is) came over and were trying to get my camera. I think they thought I was taking pictures of them.
Long story short, it got physical, and they tried to get my camera. I ended up decking a guy and laying him out. Which is bizarre, because I'm not much of a fighter, but when they tried to take my camera, I had an adrenaline rush.

On of the guys, I think it might have been Surrealplaces? was attacked or robbed at that intersection years back. It wasn't the kind of place you'd hang around.

Oh yikes! I didn't know it went that far. Glad you were ok.

Had a similar incident when taking pics of Jamieson Place one night. Some ladies of the evening were worried I was taking pictures of them or their clients. A few minutes later a cab pulls up and some dude (probably their pimp) got out and threatened me. He wanted to see the pics I had taken. lol.

Had a similar incident when taking pics of Jamieson Place one night. Some ladies of the evening were worried I was taking pictures of them or their clients. A few minutes later a cab pulls up and some dude (probably their pimp) got out and threatened me. He wanted to see the pics I had taken. lol.

Oh man, when you sorted it all out and he saw the pics of a construction site, i hope the pimp agreed to take a selfie with you to preserve the memory.

Back