News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

That design looks to provide even less uses than the current configuration. Sure the area is looking tired but it’s not worth spending that kind of money to end up with a lawn adjacent to a giant lawn (Prince’s Island) and a large barren plaza with few active adjacent uses.

The playground and the wading pool is actually really well used in the summer and would now be replaced with something less functional but looks more upscale.

I don't think the city should do anything with Eau Claire plaza for the near future. Too many moving variables with the Green Line and the eventual market redevelopment. As Silence&motion mentioned in the Eau Claire thread, it's best to leave it and plan all of them together.

That design looks to provide even less uses than the current configuration. Sure the area is looking tired but it’s not worth spending that kind of money to end up with a lawn adjacent to a giant lawn (Prince’s Island) and a large barren plaza with few active adjacent uses.
The playground and the wading pool is actually really well used in the summer and would now be replaced with something less functional but looks more upscale.
Agreed. It might look a bit dated but still works. Might as well leave it until there is a good overall plan.

With the market re-do on the shelf, and a possible change to the green line station, an overall plan is inevitable. They can still re-do the Jaipur Bridge in the meantime, it needs to be widened one way or another.

The three projects have been planned in conjunction, the Riverwalk Promenade, the Jaipur Bridge and the Plaza. The reason they are being done now is they are flood prevention projects, being paid for by the Province for the most part. We were fortuante enough that Urban Design at the City got involved (best they can) and made sure that a flood prevention project also was "nice". Stage 2 of riverwalk (Eau Claire Plaza to 1st Street SE) is going to be constructed next year. Same with the Jaipur bridge. These projects are necessary to provide 1/200 year flood protection for downtown. So, since they are going forward, might as well plan the plaza as well, since they all tie in together . I think portions of the new plaza will be built as well, but not sure the full extent.

I recall something about this a few years back, but nothing lately.

Looked through past posts, etc.. can't find anything relating to that location.

Their work is basic, get the job done type stuff. Nothing sticks out, and you see that they use the basic cheaper materials, but a lot of their projects get built and they keep getting work so I'm guessing they are competent enough. They did The Kensington, and it turned out decent enough.
Interesting to watch this one, if it goes we might see the density along Mission Road explode as I believe the other land not yet redeveloped land is already owned by only a few individuals along the road.
Any thoughts on this architect? I found their website hard to use

Cascata by Ledcor Group - planned 47 luxury suites on 25 Ave SW (south side) at Erlton St.

Does anyone know about this?

There is a page about it on BuzzHome, and a few others. Found a render from Rare Earth Marketing, but it's not very detailed...

2017-08-09-Cascata-Rendering-for-RE-site.png

Also, has anyone heard of this one? It's called Emersyn, and is proposed somewhere in Sunnyside. It looks like a scaled down version of that one that got NIMBY'd to death.

2018-06-05-Emersyn-Arch-Render-Exterior-2-800x550.jpg

There is a page about it on BuzzHome, and a few others. Found a render from Rare Earth Marketing, but it's not very detailed...

2017-08-09-Cascata-Rendering-for-RE-site.png

Also, has anyone heard of this one? It's called Emersyn, and is proposed somewhere in Sunnyside. It looks like a scaled down version of that one that got NIMBY'd to death.

2018-06-05-Emersyn-Arch-Render-Exterior-2-800x550.jpg

That rendering still says "Glo" above the entrance if you look closely. Back in February Casola Koppe said it was going to be renamed "Eversyn", I guess now it is "Emersyn". In any case there are giant "for sale" signs in front of the property, and according to the listing they are willing to sell the existing lots individually, so I would say this one is on the back, back, burner, if not still in the refrigerator.

Back