Palliser One | 122m | 27s

Disagree. This building looked like shit and the concrete pans were literally crumbling. Always thought this looked like a prison. The new renderings look like trash though.
My favourite building to keep is the old Pan Canadian building across from the Pallisar. They re did the lobby and ground floor which looks nice. If they would have replaced all the windows (non tinted glass) it would be great. Cool shape to the building!

I think the old CBE is by far our best brutalist building in the city. It should be converted to some sort of public institution and the plaza with the Family of Man statues should by revitalized into one of our prime public spaces, as there is an upper level and lower level, it could be similar to Robson Square in Vancouver.

Do they do this on purpose, with red cranes the portion used for installing and removing sections is usually white, on this white crane that is red?!?

Thinking more about it and yes this is probably done on purpose to be able to see exactly where it is.

Last edited:
I agree the building won’t look good when it’s finished, but it’s not necessarily the architect who is to blame. They could’ve done a MacKimmie style re-clad, but that would cost a lot of money. Given the placement of the windows it’s hard to do any kind of re-clad that looks really good and doesn’t cost a lot of money. I’m not sure realistically what else could be done with it taking into account the economics of it.

Back