Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Not sure who they are targeting now that the 'executive rental' market has all but disappeared. With those kind of rents, they won't appeal to the masses. Perhaps wealthy 'empty nesters' who spend the winters somewhere else. Maybe there is a sublet arrangement with the building while they are away.

This was a common criticism at Vancouver House as well. Here is a listing from a 1bd+1ba, and it's for-sale units so presumably the finishes will be much nicer at Vancouver House.
Westbank was the developer and they always put premium finishes in their projects. For example, the appliances are the very top of the line ....Miele. I don't see that changing for Telus Sky but I have not been in a suite to see for myself.

for me the location was already undesireable, especially with the cbd being dead on arrival now. seeing these floorplans and prices makes me think its going to be as empty as its office tower neighbours.

Westbank was the developer and they always put premium finishes in their projects. For example, the appliances are the very top of the line ....Miele. I don't see that changing for Telus Sky but I have not been in a suite to see for myself.
Ya Westbank always goes premium on finishes, i was just assuming that they would try to VE and squeeze value for themselves in this market, especially after pivoting from executive-oriented rentals to a more traditional rental building. Could be wrong about that 🤷‍♂️

I went to check the building out today and its beautiful inside and out, still feels like a dream that we got lucky enough to have this development in our city. Plus it still has that 'new building smell' so I got to enjoy that too.

IMG_3697.jpeg

for me the location was already undesireable, especially with the cbd being dead on arrival now. seeing these floorplans and prices makes me think its going to be as empty as its office tower neighbours.
Sadly I agree, the CBD is going to be a ghost town for quite a while yet I think.

Does anyone else agree that Telus Sky is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than Vancouver House? I always thought they were the ying and yangs to each other because of the inverted shape and colours. But I'm really happy that we got Telus Sky because I feel like the narrow top and the morphing shape is better appreciated with Telus Sky. Not meant to be a pissing match, but just a personal preference.

Telus Sky is much taller which I like, but I definitely prefer the shape, cladding and general massing Vancouver House. What I dislike about Telus Sky is how skinny it is compared to it's neighbours from some angles. The Bow is #1 in Calgary to me, Telus Sky is #2. Vancouver House may be #1 in the entire country for me,

Back