Votes: 6 15.8%
  • So So

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's so ironic that during this time when other projects are either slowing to a snail's pace or shutting down altogether that Steps is blazing along. lol.

Are they sticking with the original Sturgess design?
I've been told there have been some changes to the original design, but they weren't to be major. Looking at the general massing so far, it looks like it's still going to have the same or very similar exterior.

5E472C10-A273-466C-A166-F36447B80471.jpeg

The first two floors of the original design were a grey brick/stone. This is just darker than the original.

Is brick and stone really that different? Lmfao. Those renders are from like 10 years ago. Obviously we weren’t going to get an identical final product after three/four contractor switches.

Is brick and stone really that different? Lmfao. Those renders are from like 10 years ago. Obviously we weren’t going to get an identical final product after three/four contractor switches.

Yes, stone is stone and brick is brick. One is a natural material and one is man made. Even though both are technically masonry each one provides a completely different aesthetic and within different architectural languages are not interchangeable. I’m not complaining one bit though. I prefer brick in all multi-family situations over stone with only the caveat that it depletes stampitecture.

Just a note, as we heard there had been a few changes for this attempt and the change to brick is obviously one of them. It also implies that there’s a change to the top floors as the light/dark scheme may now be reversed. Hopefully it’s not all dark.

Last edited:

Back