Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Not a lot of space on the 59th floor.
Telus 59.JPG

Yeah, that's an enormous space just for a business amenity.

Whats this rumor I heard on Reddit that this is stopped until they secure a tenant? I thought Telus was the anchor tenant?
Interesting rumor, but I would be very surprised for a few reasons.
1- the building has an anchor tenant (Telus) and they are still planning to move in there.
2-the building is topped out and mostly complete on the outside
3-it's being funded by a large REIT, so it's not like they ran out of money and can't finish.

The most likely scenario if there is a stoppage is they will complete the structural part of the building, and the office space to fulfill their obligation Telus and possibly another tenant (I believe their is a another tenant taking up a couple of floors) They may not do any other work after that. If it was my money I would finish a few of the residential rental floors, but wait and see how the market is before doing more.

We were scheduled to perform tenant improvements beginning of February but it has been pushed back to April I believe. I’m not sure exactly what out scope will include but likely small server rooms with ductless splits or something of that nature. I have not been on this site though. We had installed several systems already so may be moving existing fan coils also.

Interesting rumor, but I would be very surprised for a few reasons.
1- the building has an anchor tenant (Telus) and they are still planning to move in there.
2-the building is topped out and mostly complete on the outside
3-it's being funded by a large REIT, so it's not like they ran out of money and can't finish.

The most likely scenario if there is a stoppage is they will complete the structural part of the building, and the office space to fulfill their obligation Telus and possibly another tenant (I believe their is a another tenant taking up a couple of floors) They may not do any other work after that. If it was my money I would finish a few of the residential rental floors, but wait and see how the market is before doing more.

I echo this. With oil & gas still struggling, I don't know where they are going to find the market for executive rentals.

Back