PLATFORM | 21m | 6s | CMLC | Kasian

Agree. With the future Green Line station nearby, there’s a great opportunity to create a vibrant area in a place that was a complete write off a few years ago.

This one is going to CPC next week. Here is a link to the DP drawings:
https://pub-calgary.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=68558
Images from said document

Image13.jpg
Image12.jpg
Image11.jpg
Image10.jpg

Attachments

• Image13.jpg
    Image13.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,240
  • Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 825
  • Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 840
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 869
I see that the floors are slanted, but the ends are flat on the parking levels. Does it follow that the future re-purposing part of the project to residential or office has the provision of towers on either end and the demolition / incorporation of the parking in the middle?

Side note: I really hope they plant some robust creeping vines on the mesh and slowly allow this thing to develop into a weird jungle garden thing. Assuming we have plants that could even do that in bone-dry Alberta :)

The SAIT parkade wouldn't be exactly pleasant if it was up against the sidewalk in an urban area. Plus the "mesh" that covers the facade of this parkade looks like it will be closer to what's on 10th Ave than on SAIT.

Either way, renderings disguise the things that pedestrians will "feel" as they walk by: the noise, the dirt, the amount of dead space.

Other things I'm reminded of are this and this in Toronto.

I won't really know how I feel about this until it's done. I do like the see through look to it and the curves. It still comes down to be a parkade no matter how you look at it, but some parkades look better than others. When I was in Chicago I walked past the Marina Towers and got a good look at the parkade. Oddly enough it felt appealing even though it's still just a parkade.

Hi,
I might have missed something, but is there B a Provision for Dvlpmnt above the 6 Floors. I believe there is a Opportunity in the Future.

Tnx,
Operater.

I'm guessing the adaptive reuse for the future is taking out the parking decks either entirely or between the cores and building out two towers above the podium, given the slant that is there now. Plus the 4m height of the floors means you don't have to work around under height floors and rebuild the cores. Can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed that there isn't a better way to do this.

I agree, having seen more now, it's not good.

Yeah I was at the meeting, this one was unanimously approved with ver positive comments from the mayor, and councillors Farrell and Woolley.

Back