• 4 So So

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 5 Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Terrible

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Hi,
I saw the Comment about a 350 Metre Bldg etc. The Only One I Know about is a 64 Flr Bldg at 6/4 Site N W Corner by Oxford - If it Ever Goes Up. That
would Make Things Interesting for the D T Core.
Tnx,
Operater.

I've heard Dialog is suing BIG over some of the detailing for this building as BIG wanted it a certain way and Dialog doesn't want the liability for it. Hope the contractors are on top of their game as there are a million places where membranes need to tie in due to all the little roofs.

Hi,
I saw the Comment about a 350 Metre Bldg etc. The Only One I Know about is a 64 Flr Bldg at 6/4 Site N W Corner by Oxford - If it Ever Goes Up. That
would Make Things Interesting for the D T Core.
Tnx,
Operater.
What comment are you talking about? I haven't heard anything about a 350m building.
Yes, Oxford planned to build a skyscraper even taller than Brookfield a few years ago, but it's been put on hold and will probably/hopefully be redesigned. Even that was nowhere near 350m though. iirc i thought it was somewhere closer to 860 feet. (262m).

It was also a very "meh" design.

10723297_10152455553149503_1925267230_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10723297_10152455553149503_1925267230_n.jpg
    10723297_10152455553149503_1925267230_n.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
I really hope when the next tall building (after telus sky) in the core is announced in a few years, it is 300+m, about time Calgary joins the club! Of course the design has to be on point as well, can't have another brookfield stuck up even though its not ugly but nothing special either, just too basic in todays skyscraper day and age. Telus sky will be a crowd pleaser for a couple of years but once everyone becomes numb to it like the Bow, they'll want some other beauty stuck up.

Indeed, it was a "meh" design, I'm glad they're getting some time to think things over. I'm just still really confused where the "350m building" came from ... as a sucker for tall things that got me a little excited but now I'm just plain confused haha.

Hi,

I was Thinking 350 Metres or so on Oxford's 64 Flr Bldg if It Gets Blt. Guess I Figured to High. Woops. Yes It Would B Nice if It Happens.

Tnx,
Operater.

I really hope when the next tall building (after telus sky) in the core is announced in a few years, it is 300+m, about time Calgary joins the club! Of course the design has to be on point as well, can't have another brookfield stuck up even though its not ugly but nothing special either, just too basic in todays skyscraper day and age. Telus sky will be a crowd pleaser for a couple of years but once everyone becomes numb to it like the Bow, they'll want some other beauty stuck up.

I'm worried it will take many years. A lot of space needs to be filled and confidence to be renewed.

I'm worried it will take many years. A lot of space needs to be filled and confidence to be renewed.
True but who said it has to be an office building? It can be a residential or a hotel tower. Many cities around the world that don't headquarter companies have their tallest buildings as hotels/condos, like Vancouvers' Shangri-La for example. I think we've all turned a blind eye to the idea that our future tallest towers in our city don't all need to be more office based. Here's hoping for the best!

A supertall in Calgary is going to have office space. That's where the money is and when office suffers in our downtown, residential and hospitality are going to be hit too.

Sorry for the (lack of) quality, but a pretty cool perspective. Taken from inside one of the new S200 trains.

For reference, this was at 8 Street Station (see Elveden Centre on the right), so Telus Sky has extreme prominence on 7th Avenue both directions. Very cool.

fullsizeoutput_f11.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f11.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f11.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 372
Sidenote but those S200 trains are a bit of an aggravation for me :/
They look very cool and all, but the seating layout is absolutely atrocious. Only 1 line of benches backing on to each wall, with "leaning pads" everywhere. Everything's just hard plastic, wouldn't be as bad if it were cushioned.
Biggest thing is the limited seating though, there's plenty of standing room, but I'd much rather sit than stand, especially since I have to ride all the way from Crowfoot to DT.

Back