Midtown Station | ?m | ?s | IBI Group

They just gave first reading, developer has some takeaways which they don't seem to mention at all. To this forum it is kind of a nothing, isn't it? 6000 units by 2050 that's 230 units a year for 26 years. If/when they build the C-Train station if will positively affect Fairview, get into Fairview now. With the city-wide land use and this station, my uneducated assumption is values will go up a bit.

"Get into Fairview now". Will do, just the tricky matter of buying out the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan first. ;)

I wonder if the City and the developer can get their act together quickly enough to reuse the same team working on the Victoria Park Station Rebuild project. It's been a pretty rough one, repurposing those skills might help make for a quicker turnaround

I wonder if the City and the developer can get their act together quickly enough to reuse the same team working on the Victoria Park Station Rebuild project. It's been a pretty rough one, repurposing those skills might help make for a quicker turnaround
Not to burst your buddle but I'll say this is, at minimum, shovels in the ground by 2030.

I have to agree that North of Glenmore to about 58th would be prime for a major redevelopment. I think there is likely a bunch of different landowners there and that would make getting a cohesive plan difficult.

I don't think getting people to live there would be an issue. Ground level train stop, close to DT, major shopping/entertainment/breweries nearby. There is even a decent amount of offices in the neighborhood with the two on the east side of McLeod, the one just south of Glenmore and a small handful of 3+ floor office buildings too.

While this seems like a very long term project, I could see it being expedited somewhat. Things can turn really quickly in this city, but as of now we are growing by 50k+ per year and likely more like 75k. The growth projections from a few years ago are being met well ahead of schedule.

While this seems like a very long term project, I could see it being expedited somewhat. Things can turn really quickly in this city, but as of now we are growing by 50k+ per year and likely more like 75k. The growth projections from a few years ago are being met well ahead of schedule.

I never heard of Cantana Investments and typically a development of this magnitude has a name attached everyone recognizes. What we do know is that Cantana spent over 10 years to assemble the properties and is now upzoning them. Developers that build are more likely to buy a property assembled over decades than take a decade to assemble it themselves. For this reason, it's too early to call this a developable project long or short term.

I never heard of Cantana Investments and typically a development of this magnitude has a name attached everyone recognizes. What we do know is that Cantana spent over 10 years to assemble the properties and is now upzoning them. Developers that build are more likely to buy a property assembled over decades than take a decade to assemble it themselves. For this reason, it's too early to call this a developable project long or short term.
I would suggest that this development is probably a never-term. It would be easier to just use the base density in the DC, build 6-storey rental apartments now and be done with it. The sunk equity of funding an LRT system to then upgrade service connections and do public realm improvements to make the land enticing to builders would require a lot of money and would have a real shit ROE and would take too long probably.

Back