Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

Also I note that Smith says “there’s no more money for Phase 1”, so does that mean when Phase 2 (crossing the river and getting up North) comes into play, she might be convinced to offer more funding for Phase 2?
The future phases would definitely need provincial money as going north is expensive. If the river crossing is killed now a future phase from Eau Claire to 64th Avenue is probably going to cost more than $2B. And the City is pretty tapped out paying off its share of the capital and financing costs for Stage 1 for the next 30+ years as well as needing new money to pay for its net operating costs.

I could see Alberta (regardless of who's premier) and Canada getting together to fund major LRT projects in the late 2020s, when Edmonton's Valley Line West is nearing completion and (if) GL Stage 1 looks on track. Though for Calgary, there'll probably still be battles over whether that money goes to the GL, for other LRT extensions or the airport connector.

I could see Alberta (regardless of who's premier) and Canada getting together to fund major LRT projects in the late 2020s
This will happen. The infrastructure fund post 2027, we won't have the slimmest of details until at least the fall, more likely the spring.

Back